Swirski Mite Plus - Thrip Predators Product Details:
PLEASE NOTE: TO ENSURE A FRESH EFFECTIVE PRODUCT WE SHIP PREDATOR ORDERS EACH WEDNESDAY AS SOON AS WE RECIEVE OUR DELIVERY.
Dealing with a Thrip infestation can be very frustrating as they are present on the plant, in the medium and even the nutrient source. Traditional spraying can prove ineffective at curing the problem. Stop fighting nature and instead have nature fight for you by using biological pest control products from Koppert. Koppert predators will target and eliminate Thrip infestations like nothing else can.
- Amblyseius swirskii (predatory mite)
- Pack size: Paper sachet with hook
- Contains: 250x predatory mites + storage mites (all stages) mixed with bran.
- Target: Thrips - Young larvae of various thrips species as well as eggs and larvae of whitefly.
Swirski Mite Plus Predators Introduction:
Introduce sachets immediately upon receipt. Handle sachets carefully as predators can be easily damaged. Holding by the cardboard hook hang sachets in the crop. Start with one per plant and increase to two or more if the infestation is very heavy. Sachets already have anexit hole so theres no need to put any holes in yourselves. Hang up sachets in sheltered positions in the crop (no direct sunlight). Measures improving the moisture balance in the sachets, such as placing the bottom of the sachet on the moist substrate, will have a positive effect on the longevity of product.
The predatory mite Amblyseius swirskii is not susceptible to diapause, so can be introduced in winter and is tolerant to high temperature Amblyseius swirskii population starts to develop when day temperature regularly exceeds 20-22°C
Swirski Mite Plus Predators Storage and handling
Biological beneficials have a very short life expectancy and therefore need to be introduced into the crop as soon as possible after receipt. Storing them for a period can have a negative impact on their quality and is only possible under the conditions described below. Koppert B.V. is not liable for any loss of quality if the product is stored for longer than recommended and/or under incorrect conditions.
- Storage after receipt: 1-2 days
- Storage temperature: 10-15°C/50-60°F
- In the dark (bottle horizontally)
Swirski Mite Plus Predators Appearance
- Mobile stages: beige-pink, droplet shaped, 'pushed down' position on short legs.
- Eggs: oblong, transparant white
- Mode of action Adult predatory mites search for their prey or wait for it to pass by, then suck it dry.