Fortefog Fumer Smoke Bombs Product Details:
Fortefog Fumer Smoke Bombs provide comprehensive decontamination of growing areas and are effective against a wide variety of pests including spidermites, thrips and fungus gnats. Before using Fortefog Fumers you are required to read thoroughly the safety instructions that will come with this product. Fumer smoke bombs are available in 3 sizes:
- 3.5g size fumer would be suitable for an area of 7.5m³ to 10m³.
- 11g size fumer would be suitable for an area of 20m³ to 30m³.
- 27g size fumer would be suitable for an area of 50m³ to 100m³.
To use Fortefog Fumers first disengage all your extraction systems and turn off your lights. Do your best to completely seal the room as otherwise smoke will seap out which could look a bit suspicious. Light the smoke bomb close the doors and leave for two hours at which time the bomb will have run out and the smoke will have settled.
Can I use Fortefog Fumers on Plants?
We get asked a lot if these bombs are safe to use on plants. The answer is yes but they will cause your plants some distress.
1. DO NOT USE Fortefog fumers on flowering plants as the shock will harm plant development and yield.
2. DO NOT USE Fortefog fumers on cuttings, seedlings or small immature plants as you could severely damage them.
3. ONLY USE Fortefog fumers on plants in vegetative growth that have a sufficiently developed, once you have smoked them expect some leaf discoloration to occur 1-2 days later and maybe a little plant shock, allow the plants 1-2 weeks to recover and good healthy new shoots to come through. DO NOT flower your plants until they have recovered.
So in conclusion Fortefog Smoke bombs should only really be used on plants in cases of bad infestations. They can be extremely effective at eliminating pests because they will completely envelop an area and contact all the pests but they will slightly harm your plants so follow the above guidelines.